Portable Electric Brake Controller - Tekonsha (Detachable)
Our Tekonsha Portable Electric Brake Controller Units are PROPORTIONAL, which ensures a smooth and safe braking experience. Competing products use cheap TIMED brake controllers which are often unsafe and lock up the brake occasionally. Learn more here
What's in the box?
• 1 x Portable Brake Harness with your selected pin set up
• 1 x Tekonsha Primus IQ Controller (Including mounting brackets and instructions)
Read a review of this unit by CaravanandCampingSales.com.au
1. Securely mount the Brake Controller
2. Connect the Electric Brake Controller to the Portable Harness
3. Connect the cigarette power plug to the vehicles 12v socket.
4. Run the 6m length of cable with the connector from the brake unit to the rear of the vehicle feeding the cable through a safe path.
5. Connect the supplied trailer adapters to the vehicle & trailer.
6. Test Braking Function & Calibrate to the weight of your trailer.
7. You're good to go!
PLEASE NOTE THAT THIS UNIT IS ONLY RATED FOR UP TO 2 AXLES.
If you would like to tow more than two axles, please take a look at our Permanent Installation Kit.
2 Year Warranty on all units
Please Purchase the P3 Prodigy if you're towing on an electric over hydraulic braking setup
The Controller is required for the braking system to work. If you only require a Portable Electric Braking Harness for your brake controller please purchase it here.
More info can be found here
Portable Electric Brake Controller Features
No Tools Required
Five Minute Setup
Plug 'N Play
Interchange between different vehicles and trailers
Tow safely and legally
Utilising the top leading brands and ensuring no corners are cut in the construction.
Accurate Proportional Controller
Electric Brakes Australia utilise controllers with Accelerometers as opposed to timed systems for incredibly accurate and safe braking.
Get Setup in 5 Minutes
Plug into your cigarette lighter socket and and plug in the trailer adapters, calibrate the brakes and you're good to go!