Tekonsha Prodigy P3 Controller Electric Brake Controller
Order within the next for delivery by, or before, to most major cities. Express also available (will arrive 1-2 days). In stock items only. Times & dates are approximate only, choose Express if your order is time sensitive.
Tekonsha Prodigy P3 Boat Trailer and Caravan electric brake controller
Tekonsha Prodigy P3 the industries most advanced electric trailer brake control. A true proportional braking system, P3 has added features
The P3 is a proportional braking system with several added features, making it the new standard for electric trailer brake controllers.
The Tekonsha Prodigy P3 provides strong diagnostics and alerts via their big LED screen.
Although not required by many boats or caravan setups, the P3 is nevertheless a great diagnostic tool.
- LCD display with multiple storable setting options for pulling different trailers or preferences of multiple drivers.
- A distinct, easy-to-read LCD with multiple screen colour options.
- Up-Front controls provide easy access to all P3 features.
- Easy to understand diagnostics show output current, battery, brake, and output voltage.
- A flashing red warning system alerts the user to No Trailer Brake situations.
- Select Electric over Hydraulic or Electric trailer brake mode.
- Screen information display in English, French or Spanish.
- The Original Boost feature allows for different levels of customized braking.
- Compact, dash-hugging design.
- Integrated Plug-N-Play port for 2-plug adapters.
- The snap-in mounting clip allows the user to remove and store the control when not in use.
- Electric trailer brake control for up to 4 braking axles.
- Limited Lifetime Warranty
Tekonsha is well known for making advanced brake controllers. The Tekonsha P3 videos can be viewed here.
Furthermore, with a proportional brake controller, options include heavy-duty emergency braking, general braking or slow-to-an-idle braking for your trailer automatically.
The intensity with which trailer brakes are activated and the rate at which they are applied are dependent on the deceleration of the tow vehicle.
Unlike time-delay controllers – which send the same amount of preset power to your trailer brakes every time – proportional controllers can adapt to every braking situation differently.
Finally, mount the P3 controller level on a horizontal plane and ensure it is pointed in the direction of travel. The P3 will sense inertia via an internal inertia sensor and determine how the tow vehicle brakes.